Monday, February 2, 2015

Baby Mickey Mouse First Birthday

Ok, so I have to admit, I really wasn't thrilled about this theme when the client requested it. They wanted the cake to be a reflection of a "Baby Mickey First Birthday" party decor set they found online. I'm not the crazy about the character themed parties, but one thing I was super excited to try out was my new backdrops!
It was Friday night, and I had already called it a day... left the shop and decided to do the cake in a polka dot and stripe pattern, which was also used on the party decor. Once I was home and relaxing, it kept knawwing at me.... You need to add Mickey somewhere, add mickey somewhere.....
So... I couldn't fight it, I had to go back into the shop and break out some black fondant and add those final touches....
Now... Look how great they make the cake POP!!! Love, love, love it now!!
One of my favorite things is to set up party table-scapes! I just so happen to have the jars of yellow jelly beans and that gorgeous antique aqua candy dish! It just made the shot! I'm looking forward to trying out more of my new photography skills and tricks. Ya'll stay tuned. Much more to come from me ;-) Blessings...



No comments:

Post a Comment